I was asked to help a very old client out with a Help Desk upgrade. I said sure, it would be great to go back to my glory days, mingle with the regular folk, get my hands dirty! Back when I was young, thin(ner) and jetting through airports to install only the most fabulous of Help Desks!
Fast forward to the end of my first 14 hours day, WHAT WAS I THINKING.
A few observations after being away from the office for years:
- You people are still in cubes, how did you let this continue after I left.
- That manager, who walks around all day and just goes to meetings, IS STILL EMPLOYED!
- Lunch at your desk is death by omission.
- How do you get anything done with people walking into your office all day to ask you something they KNEW THE ANSWER TO?
- Time sheet? Really, maybe if I were captain caveman.
- Macintosh people, I’m going to just own it and say, I’m very sorry for the way I treated you back in the day.
- NO I AM NOT TAKING THE STEPS!
- “What’s on Twitter”?
- Streaming music hurts the network….what do you people use tin cans and strings?
- That magnetic badge that opens doors, evidence the MAN is holding you down….YOU WHITE DEVIL.
Eleven days and counting, then I’m going back to being paid to be fabulous and a little more humble.