He is the world's most connected man and lectures the world about digitization. But under the rhetorical surface is a dystopian soul that sees itself as Guy Montag in Fahrenheit 451. Meet the IT Specialist Chris Dancy, whose father was a killer.
More here: http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/viden/tech/mindfuld-cyborg-indsamler-data-om-sig-selv-paa-over-700-maader
WR 029 : How Chris Dancy Used Over 700 Devices To Hack His Mind
In this episode of Warrior Radio, I sit down with Chris Dancy, who is known as the world’s most connected man.
When Chris was 40, he was over 300 pounds, smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day, drinking up to 36 cans of Diet Coke, and on a host of drugs for his physical and mental health. After a few major wake-up calls and some serious self-reflection, he decided he would use self-tracking technology to hack every aspect of his life.
He eventually utilized up to 700 different devices, applications, and services to achieve this goal. Over the next few years, he quit smoking, lost over 100 pounds, and learned to cage his monkey mind. In this episode, we hear the good, the bad, and the ugly of his self-tracking journey.
If you liked this episode, be sure to check out his podcast called Mindful Cyborgs which in his words, is a “movement to help people place themselves in ‘airplane mode’ and not their devices.”
What You’ll Learn:
- A transformative event that occurred in 2003 that lead him into the world of self-tracking and biohacking.
- What lead his decision to never go offline, and track every possible aspect of his life.
- How he categorizes and organizes various data points of his life – from his social life to his physical health, and even his spiritual well-being.
- How Chris utilized up to 700 sensors, devices, applications, and services to track and optimize his life (and which ended up being the most important to his life).
- How he was able to find exact correlations between his physical and mental health, with activities such as binge TV watching, time spent online, certain lighting, and certain sounds.
- How his self-tracking journey eventually lead him towards a spiritually awakening
- Devices and apps Chris uses to aid in meditation
- How Chris has created his living space around biofeedback, allowing things like light and sound to change based on his mood.
More Here: https://www.warrior.do/chris-dancy/
THE WEB DAYS Chris Dancy is usually called "the world's most connected man". He came to Webbdagarna Göteborg 2017 to tell us how modern technology affects human relationships and how we meet a new partner.
More here: https://internetworld.idg.se/2.1006/1.689589/webbdagarna-chris-dancy