- Title: Dave, I'm Afraid I Have to Place you on Hold
- Abstract: Robotics and IT Support.
- Description: You can't manage it until you measure it. This mantra has lead to an era of automation, self-service, and consolidation. We are always looking for ways to do more with less, and then to do less with less. The IT department is birthing robots faster than an alien invasion. Are these robots are here to take our jobs away, or are they here to save us? What are the moral and ethical issues that coming generations will face? While many herald the coming revolution in IT, we should pause and give thought to what we will do with the millions of displaced workers in 2020.
In this session we will explore:
- Review a history of robotics that have displaced human jobs
- Look forward toward the trends in automation that are disrupting information technology and information systems
- Discover the skills that will be desirable for knowledge workers as "automation" becomes commonplace
- Understand the five employees you meet in heaven: augmented, AI, Robot, human, and post carbon
(Links, Promo, Itinerary, Photos, Social Media)
Please inquire to check availability