When I founded TFT, Tomorrows Future Today, I simply wanted a way to view, consume and share content from my peers on my schedule. I felt physical conferences had unfortunately let me down in three ways:
- I couldn't attend multiple sessions at once.
- I couldn't get the content from the sessions I attended.
- The people in my community with exciting innovations had no influence at physical conferences.
TFT was a simple attempt to create content that I could consume at my leisure in any format (such as audio, video, slides and transcripts), pushed to me via Evernote or Kindle and was selected by my community.
I've been so fortunate to travel all over the world and speak, and even more fortunate that many events outside of my core strengths have invited me to speak in the coming year.
Today, I'm so very proud of the work that's pushing the limits not only in my own community of IT Service Management (ITSM), but in the greater tech and science communities - many of which are now asking me to visit and speak at their conferences.
In the past three years, I've attended Ignite-style unconferences, where crowd-selected speakers and innovative content were the norm. And events like Cyborg Camp, Theorizing the Web, SXSW, Quantified Self, Global Future 2045 and Buddhist Geeks have models that challenge their communities -- while simultaneously trusting them.
Heading into 2014, I want to share with you some of these conferences and experiences in the hopes of meeting you at these venues and exchanging ideas. I have multiple keynotes in many countries and two amazing opportunities to co-host radio shows!
Most exciting, 2014 is the first year, that a major of my events will focus on the tech of internet philosophy!
If you have a chance to attend and see me in the halls, please introduce yourself. I can't wait to meet you.
You can get more information here, and there's quick rundown of the events below!
- 4-6 - Defrag 2013 - Broomfield, CO - KEYNOTE: Existence as a Platform
- 8-10 - Visit New York - New York, NY - Meet & Greet
- 19 - DreamForce 2013 - San Francisco, CA - KEYNOTE: Service Every Customer at the Speed of Now: The Future of Mobile Service Cloud
- 22-29 - Visit Tokyo - Tokyo, Japan - Meet & Greet
- 1-3 - TFT 13 - World AIDS Day - Melbourne, Australia - Master of Ceremonies
- 13 - Dirty Pop with Lance Bass / Sirius 108 - Burbank, CA - Cohost
- 15 - Humana Challenge - KEYNOTE: Citizen Scientist - N of 1, the Me in Little Data - Palm Springs, CA
- 16 - WEBINAR BrightTALK - WorldWide - KEYNOTE: Ephemeral Knowledge - the Shift to Disposable Culture
- 16 - PANEL BrightTALK - WorldWide - PANEL - The Human Information System - BYOD, Wearable Computing and Imperceptible Electronics
- 16-19 - Pink Elephant - Las Vegas, NV - SESSION: Contextual ITSM & The Next Wave of BYOD - RECORDING: Practitioner Radio LIVE
- 18-19 - TFT14 Winter - Global - The world's only 24 hour crowdsourced, paid unconference.
- 7-11 - SXSW - Austin, TX - Meet & Greet
- 18-19 - Wearable Technology Show - London, UK- KEYNOTE: - The Human Information System - BYOD, Wearable Computing and Imperceptible Electronics
- 1-4 - HDI - Orlando, Florida - SESSION: Ephemeral Knowledge - the Shift to Disposable Culture
- 29-30 - SITS14 - London, UK - KEYNOTE: The Human Information System - BYOD, Wearable Computing and Imperceptible Electronics
- 17-18 - SDI - Birmingham, UK - KEYNOTE: Facebook of the Dead - Assets, IP and Celebration of the first immortal generation.
- 18-19 - TFT14 Summer - Global - The world's only 24 hour crowdsourced, paid unconference.
- 8-10 - CYBORG CAMP MIT - Boston, MA - KEYNOTE: Existence as a Platform
- 16-18 - Buddhist Geeks - Boulder, CO - KEYNOTE: Citizen Scientist - N of 1, the Me in Little Data